So people, some things have happened in my life to bring up the subject of Hope. Family struggles, friends doubting themselves or life’s path, and me, struggling with some “Hope” issues of my own.
Hope is a very powerful thing. It can get you thru each day when the days are filled with hardship, both emotionally and physically. It is sometimes hard to find when the days are looking dark, you are feeling quite alone and you can’t seem to grasp any energy and picture your life in a positive light. Here are some things that I do to turn that darkness into light.
1) Be still and thank the universe (This is the “God” of your faith). Give thanks and gratitude for living, for this wonderful school of life, for this wonderful experience called “human,” flaws and all. Truly think about all that is you, all that you have accomplished. If you feel like you have not accomplished anything, just look at the fact that you are a powerful, beautiful being. One that has choices and control over what to create in this life. Choice is truly a gift. Being thankful and recognizing the gifts you have in your life, is the first step to Hope.
2) Get clear on what you “think” you need. I only put it that way because sometimes what we think we need is so far from the truth. State what this is in clear, concise sentences. Even better to write it down because action has power and moves energy. And always say, “I humbly request, this, or in your infinite wisdom, something better.” This is because the universe knows exactly what we need, even though it doesn’t feel like it sometimes!
3) Ask the universe to provide direction for you. Mother/Father God is very good at putting up sign posts and synchronicities in your life to point you in the right direction. It is up to us to recognize them and act.
4) Trust yourself when taking action…. Or no action. I say this because sign posts and directions sometimes point to “wait.” This can be really hard, especially for those of us who are used to action, action, and more action. Yes, I am guilty of this, but I’ve come to realize the wisdom of doing nothing in certain situations. No action is really an action, it is the action of wait till I receive better information, or wait because it looks like a current path is harmful to you or others. And try not to confuse a “no action” feeling with fear of action. This too is difficult, but if you really look at what actions are speaking to you, it should be obvious which ones are tied to fear. Over coming that fear might be the right road. Only you can get to the heart of that one.
5) One day at a time. If you constantly look at your life in terms of past and future, you will set yourself up. Now this is fine if your entire life has been bliss. But hardship and pain has a way of latching onto us, living in our bodies and our souls, and cropping up as fear for future and present situations. It’s called being Human! Remember the past does not necessarily equal the future, and no one can predict the future. NOW is the only way to live. Don’t miss it by being depressed, fearful and preoccupied with “what if.” Take today for today, live life to the fullest, because TODAY is a sure thing.
6) Lastly, know that the universe and the energy that drives her, does not wish anything but love and the best for us. She wants us to be loved and to love…. to be creative and powerful beings, free to chose our destiny’s. I know because I feel that love and supportive energy every day. I see it in the beauty and balance of nature; I see it the faces of children; I see it when I experience a kind gesture from someone; I see it in the little miracles that happen when you least expect it.
Hope….. it is a blessed virtue, and I wish it for everyone so that they may find their own majesty, beauty and grace. Love and Light, my beautiful people. Till next time on this journey of discovery!
40s Goddess Veronica Crystal Young www.tvartscapes.com